Sunday 28 February 2016

Everyday Make-up

Everyday make-up is a general term that I describe three days of the week, those being the days that I attend university. Each of the three days is a 9’oclock start and these mornings usually consist of a massive rush around trying to get showered, have breakfast and get ready and so on. If my timetable was kind to me and gave me a later start to the day, I would spend a lot longer doing my make-up and would possibly mix it around. But, because I have to get up and out the flat, I have a simple everyday routine that I stick to with ease and use products that will not empty my bank account.

Foundation
I am a major sufferer with oily skin, a foundation that I’m not only loving but has been a saint to me is the Revlon Colorstay for Combination to Oily Skin in the shade Buff. It’s a very soft foundation which helps blend into the skin with no difficulty, the foundation is also build-able for a higher coverage which is good for patchy parts of my skin. I apply this with a Real Technique Expert Face Brush.

Concealer
The concealer I use is the Collection Ever Lasting Perfection in the shade Fair. A lot of people may agree with foundation, its covers everything and anything, it’s like my own little genie. Again, like the foundation, this formula is also very soft to the skin. I apply this with a Real Technique Contour Brush from the Core Collection range.

Eyebrows
On my eyebrows I use the Benefit Brows Zings in Medium, this was a product my auntie introduced to me years ago and since its been my go to, I couldn’t think of using anything different. What I very find useful are the two brushes and a pair of tweezers which come inside of the packaging, these can be used to apply the product.

Eyes
I apply a slight wash of a No7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow in the shade Beach Shine. It gives a darker tone to the eyes but is complimented by the lipstick, with a thin layer it doesn't make the eyes look heavy. I apply this with a Real Technique Accent Brush and Base Shadow Brush both in the Starter Set

Powder
I then apply my powder, the one I’m using is the L’Oreal True Match Powder in Golden Ivory. This is a medium to high coverage and on days that I only wear concealer the powder helps cover sections the concealer may have missed.

Bronzer/Blush
The bronzer that I have been using for a while now is the Bourjois
Delice de PoudreBronzing Powder in the shade Peaux Claires/Medianes 51. I apply this slightly into the crease of my cheekbones, around my temples and under my jaw line, just to create a slight definition. Nothing too drastic for 9am. I then take my Revlon Powder Blush in the shade Racy Rose and dust that lightly onto my cheek bones.

Lips
This product was a purchase over christmas, this being the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in the shade Nude-ist. I love this as it ties everything together and its a lovely matte finish, which isn't too drying either. 

Mascara
Finally, the mascara I have been using recently is the Maybelline Falsies Push Up Drama. I have the worst eyelashes in history, they do not lengthen or curl so it takes a very talented mascara to do the job, which this one does. Well done Maybelline.



That is my simple everyday make-up routine. Are there any products above that you’ve tried? Are there any that you would recommend? Let me know below (that rhymed).

No comments:

Post a Comment